Apoorva Lakhia Wife, Family, and Caste: Apoorva Lakhia is a famous Indian film director. He has also worked with Hollywood crews and holds a reputed position within the Indian film industry. He has been relevant in the film industry for a long time now. Earlier, he worked as an assistant director but debuted as a film director in 2002 with the movie Mumbai Se Aaya Mera Dost’.
Some of his works are Shootout At Lokhandwala (2007), Mission Istanbul (2008), Zanjeer (2013), and Haseena Parker (2017). He got fascinated with the idea of filmmaking when he was in Class XI and later dropped out to pursue his passion and broaden his horizon.
Is Apoorva Lakhia Married? Who Is His Wife?
As it might come as a surprise to many of his fans, Apoorva is not married as of yet. The director has had his fair share of relationships with the actress in her films but he has not tied the knot or made it official with anyone.
Lakhia was dating Bollywood actress Dia Mirza previously. According to the media reports, Dia and Apoorva started dating in the early 2000s. Although they never declared their relationship official, they frequently appeared together at movie premieres and were seen holding hands in public. Apoorva recently disclosed that he and Dia had remained close friends despite their previous relationship when speaking with Siddharth Kanan.
Apoorva Lakhia is now single and finds solace in staying alone. He has also mentioned that the job of a film director is a lonely one.
Family Members and Parents
Apoorva was born to his father Sheetal Lakhia and his mother whose name has not been disclosed. His parents got divorced when Apoorva was a child. His father is a businessman while his mother was a sculptor and weaver. Apart from his parents, Apoorva has an elder brother named Abhijeet Lakhia. He was sent to Lawrence School in Sanawar which was a boarding school. Interestingly, one of his seniors in the school was the Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt.
Apoorva is usually misidentified as the son of the famous classical dancer Kumudini Lakhia. The confusion is mainly due to their similar surnames. However, Kumudini is not her mother.
Some of the other family members of Apoorva are Art Director Meera Lakhia, actor Aditya and Ashish Lakhia are his cousins. Anjali Lakhia who is also an assistant director is his cousin.
Caste and Religion
We are currently not certain about the caste Apoorva belongs to. The film director has not disclosed his ancestral and family details as well. He was in a Hindu family and was brought up as per Hindu customs and traditions. Apoorva is a follower of the Hinduism religion.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Apoorva Lakhia
- He plays cricket for Sohail Khan’s team in Celebrity Cricket League (CCL).
- His best friends in school were Owais Husain, who is the son of painter MF Husain, and Vikas, who is the head of McKinsey in South Africa.
- Apoorva is very close to her mother, even after the divorce of his parents his mother met him regularly.
- He was criticized for making remakes of the film, however, Lakhia justified it by saying that it is his way of paying tribute.
- Before working in the film industry he worked odd jobs, one of which was working as a LBS courier boy.
- He wrote the screenplay for Shawn Aranha’s 2009 film Hide & Seek. From his debut through Mission Istanbul, Lakhia authored and directed every film. He made his acting debut in the 2010 movie Knock Out, starring Sanjay Dutt and Irrfan Khan, in a negative character.
Connect With Him on Social Media
Subscribe to us to get the latest updates about Apoorva Lakhia!